Hide minor edits - Show changes to markup
December 20, 2006, at 03:19 PM
Added lines 1-8:
Local Hard Drive Backups
- Files you put on the network drive (
//coeus) are backed up nightly by CUSG.
- If you have a lot of data on your local hard drive, you should back it up periodically. Here is the procedure for Professor Sastry's group.
- Ask Mary Stewart for an external USB hard drive. Specify whether you run Linux or Windows.
- Copy your files to the USB hard drive. Note that external USB hard drives are shared between users. If you are concerned about who can read your files, you should zip up the files and encrypt it with utilities such as ccrypt.
- Give the hard drive back to Mary. It will be locked away and disconnected from the network, until the next time you wish to restore/backup your files.